Wednesday, July 8, 2009

O.C. Obsessed



Since I opted not to take Summer term classes, I've had a LOT of free time on my hands. I searched for a job, but not aggressively due to (a) the economy (nobody is hiring) and (b) I really don't want to work in the fall considering that school kind of owns my life. I had plans to grab a good book and read for fun (something I haven't done since middle school), but I remembered a T.V. show I had started yet failed to finish my freshman year with some friends. Luckily, Best Buy had all four seasons of The O.C. for sale for pretty cheap. Apparently it was pretty popular a few years ago, and I saw why when I started watching--it's entertaining, dramatic, and contains losts of twists that you would never expect. Perfect formula to addict an audience. I'm glad I waited till now to watch it though, because I would have gone crazy with commercials and cliff hanging endings after most of the episodes.

The O.C. is basically a drama that portrays the fictional lives of a group of teenagers and their parents in Newport Beach, California. I actually found myself google-ing the name of the high school in the show to find out if it was real or not. Of course, the show is fictional, so it is not real...pathetic, I know.

I finished season four this afternoon, and sadly now I feel a void in my life. There is no more to watch! I am so sad! I know that sounds completely ridiculous, and I know it is. But, when you have a husband that works most of the day and then comes home only to leave and go play golf (did I marry my father?), it was a pretty entertaining way to fill my time. Now I guess I'll look for a book...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, dear, you married a combination of your father and Greg--a pretty good combination, actually, when one tries to ignore golf in favor of the total picture.

    As for golf itself, that's what your Poppy is playing right this minute. I'm guessing golf is for men what OC has been for you this summer: an addiction. As you have obviously discovered, it's always good to find things you enjoy doing.

    Hopefully, you are enjoying updating your blog. I always have a great time reading your witticisms.

    ReplyDelete