Monday, June 22, 2009

Date Night


Mark and I went to go see the movie "17 Again" at the dollar theater tonight. I loved it! Even Mark thought it was a good show, and that is saying something. I've come to realize that our best dates are the cheap dates! Our movie cost us $2.50 and we snuck in treats (hey, we're newlyweds and poor, so don't tell on us) and it was great! If we go to an expensive restaurant, we usually regret it since the food is often not that great (Note to Provo residents, do NOT go to Glorias Little Italy! Expensive and terrible. Marks Spaghetti beats out any item on the menu). So, our favorite date places are chic-fil-a, the dollar theater, the malt shoppe (and basically any other ice cream store), as well as in front of our own TV with a rented movie. All these things are a LOT easier on our wallets, which allows us to go out more. Thank goodness for college towns, they are a sanctuary for newlyweds (esp. Provo). Also, I'm lucky to have a husband that will tolerate a chick flick every now and then :)

4 comments:

  1. The only place in Provo that is worth the money is Bombay house( I think that is the name) and La Dolce Vita (they hand make their pasta, and it is run by real Italians, it is still somewhat affordable) If you want good Chinese for cheap go to China King on Center Street. $5 lunches and they are big enough to share and they have the best hot and sour soup in the world. Also another cheap date for the meal at least is Costco... where else can you get 2 great hot dogs and a 2 soda's for $3 bucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I love your blog!! It's so cute and you are a champ to update it so often! I am AWFUL when it comes to updating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey, thanks for the tips! I definitely want to check out La Dolce Vita because I LOVE Italian food. And Noel, thanks! I'm surprised and happy to see that people are actually reading this. Yeah hopefully I will keep up the updating streak...I feel like my life is pretty boring most of the time so we will see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy! You have a blog! Jess has a blog!(?) Why didn't I know? Please keep me part of your facebook/blogspot life. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete