Sunday, July 12, 2009

Company Picnic





I had the pleasure of accompanying Mark to a picnic put on by the company he works for. Nothing beats a free meal, raffle prizes, and games. I was able to witness Mark in the heat of battle in a badminton tournament. The prize at hand was an Ipod Touch, which I knew Mark wanted very badly (probably because his brother Nathan has one). Unfortunately, Mark and his middle-aged partner were knocked out in the first round. They were up against fierce competitors from Canada who play frequently and take the game quite seriously. Ironically, all winners of the different competitions were in one of the head positions of the company, so essentially they bought Ipods for themselves. But, we still walked away with a generous gift certificate to Best Buy that was givent to all company employees. Good deal.

1 comment:

  1. Mark has told me he likes living in Provo. I can see why. Hope you got something good from Best Buy.

    ReplyDelete